Improvement Targets – Reading
- Use accurate subject terminology.
- Extend your inferences in question 2.
- Analyse the effects of writers’ choices of methods.
- Use appropriate textual detail to support your response.
- Make a clear and relevant response that focuses on the task.
- Work on your timing in the exam.
- Use sophisticated subject terminology to support your views.
- Make more precise comparisons in question 2 and 4.
- Use precise quotes and embed them into your response.
- Give a perceptive and detailed response, including a comparison of writers’ methods and perspectives.
Improvement Targets- Writing
- Use a range of vocabulary and linguistic devices for effect.
- Match writing to audience and purpose.
- Accurately use the full range of punctuation in your writing.
- Use creative and varied sentence structures for effect.
- Proofread your work- making corrections will improve your grade.
- Use an extensive and ambitious range of vocabulary throughout your writing.
- Use varied and inventive structural features to craft your writing.
- Use a wide range of punctuation accurately for effect.
- Use a full range of sentence forms for effect.
- Proofread your work- writing should reflect a high level of accuracy.